So You Want To Be a Librarian
Author: Lauren Pressley
Publisher: Library Juice Press
Physical Description: 5X7.75; 228p.
Librarians tend to love their work and consider librarianship a great career. This book is by a talented librarian who wants to introduce people to the profession. If you are attracted to becoming a librarian, you will find answers to a lot of your questions here:
- What do librarians do?
- What are the different types of libraries and professional jobs in libraries?
- What is the story behind the profession?
- What are librarians all about and what hot issues do they discuss in their professional lives?
- What do I do to become a librarian?
- What are some important things to know once I’m in a masters program in library science?
This book is an essential introduction to the profession for people who are at the point of choosing a career.
Lauren Pressley has the distinction of being selected as one of Library Journal’s “Movers and Shakers” of 2009.